Filtrer par :
PSL Thesis Prize: call for applications
PSL launch a call for applications to reward the best doctoral work in five Humanities and Social Sciences fields. The PSL Thesis prizes will be awarded in June by Patrick Boucheron, Professor at the Collège de France.
Supported by Labex Hastec, Tepsis and TransferS and IRIS “Creation, cognition and society”, “Global Studies”, “Governance Analytics” and “Scripta”.
The PSL (Paris Sciences & Lettres) prizes in Humanities and Social sciences are intended to reward the best doctoral work in five fields :
- Arts and aesthetics
- Law, economics, management
- Science / Humanities Interfaces
- Social Sciences
Eligible theses must have been defended between September 2016 and December 2017 in a French or foreign higher education institution. They can be written in one of the following languages: French, English, German, Spanish, Italian or German.
Prize amount: 5000 euros, split as follows:
- a sum of 2000 euros;
- 3000 euros for a research stay in Paris for foreigners, at PSL's international partners for French;
- The winners will give three seminars in three partner institutions of PSL.
A jury dedicated to each prize will be composed of five personalities from the field, including a foreign scientist and a representative of the Labex and/or IRIS who contributed to the funding.
The schedule is as follows:
- The deadline for submission shall be 31st December 2017 at the latest;
- the results will be published on 15 March 2018;
- The awards ceremony will take place in June 2018; the prizes will be awarded by Patrick Boucheron, Professor at the Collège de France.
The application form must be sent by e-mail only to the following address: prix.PSL.SHS@univ-psl.fr, and must include:
- the application form (to download)
- the two thesis pre-reports and the defense report
- two detailed reference letters (one from the research director)
- the thesis