Filtrer par :
- Associate members
- Research centers
CPES Multidisciplinary Undergraduate degree
Combining the best of preparatory classes and university education
Created in 2012 by PSL and Lycée Henri-IV, the “CPES” Multidisciplinary undergraduate degree is an unprecedented undergraduate format among higher education institutions in France, combining the best of both university education and preparatory classes for France’s top graduate schools (Grandes Écoles). The ambition of CPES is to educate high-potential students who are both daring and creative, to become the decision-makers, researchers and entrepreneurs of the business, academic and cultural spheres of tomorrow.
Based on the principle of progressive specialization, this first-rate multidisciplinary undergraduate (Bac+3) education provides exposure to culture, creativity, innovation, projects-based teaching, and research-based learning.
Hosted by some of the world’s most prestigious institutions of higher education, the CPES program educates high-potential students displaying creativity and daring. The goal? Create the new decision-makers, researchers and entrepreneurs of the business, academic and cultural spheres of tomorrow.
- First year: Hosted at Lycée Henri-IV, with a choice of one of three tracks (Humanities, Science, or Economics, Social Science and Law). Multidisciplinary core curriculum.
- Second year: Progressive exposure to France’s top graduate schools (Grandes Écoles) and universities, plus selection of major (Experimental Science, Mathematics, Economics and Society, Mathematics and Society, Philosophy, History, Art History and Theory).
- Third year: Selection of specialization (Economics, Social Science, Law, Mathematics, Experimental Science, Philosophy, History, Art History and Theory).
Who should apply?
The CPES is a highly demanding program, designed for students from France or abroad who are curious and creative, and who display critical thinking.
Depending on each student’s specific track (chosen specialization), the curriculum leads to the following credentials:
- 5 PSL Bachelor’s degrees: Physics, Chemistry, History, Art History and Theory, Philosophy
- 5 dual degrees (Bachelor’s) between PSL and Université Paris-Dauphine: Mathematics, Sociology and Political Science, Economics and Society, Economics, Law
- Access to an exceptional academic ecosystem comprised of 13 higher education institutions covering all fields of knowledge, from the sciences to literature and the arts.
- Supervisory guidance from the preparatory class format, with autonomy and education through university research
- Customizable curriculum following the Anglo-Saxon model: Multidisciplinary common core, electives, major/minor
- Varied teaching formats: Small class sizes, practicums, lectures, seminars, group work, orals, mentoring
- Progressive specialization over three years
- Personalized guidance and support systems (housing at the CIUP student residences, for example)
- 100% rate of follow-on studies (Grandes Écoles and competitively-selected Master’s programs at the best universities in France and abroad)
Dual degree: Available for certain specializations, in partnership with Université Paris-Dauphine
Applying for first-year CPES
Prerequisites: To apply, you must have already completed or be in the process of completing a general secondary education French baccalauréat diploma (obtained in France or abroad).
Admissions are based on application on ‘APB’ portal: Admission post-bac (APB).
Applying for second or third-year CPES
CPES admits students directly to the second and third years who have already passed one or two years of higher education study (Grandes Écoles preparatory classes or university coursework) and who are looking for a change in academic path.
Admissions are based on an application which can be downloaded from the PSL applications portal.
Open days 2018
03 february 2018 (Paris, Lycée Henri-IV)
Find your course
- By degree
- By discipline
- Archives – Documentation
- Plastic Arts
- Banking - Finance - Insurance
- Communications - Journalism
- Area Studies
- Geography - Geopolitics
- Business Administration - Management
- Art History
- History of Science
- Digital Humanities
- Mechanics and Materials
- International Relations
- Human Resources
- Cognitive science
- Engineering Science
- Political Science
- Social Science
- Space Science
- Life Sciences - Environment